Alluring Charm, Amazing PotentialCharacterised by Edwardian originality and a coveted Ascot Vale address, this freestanding, double-fronted timber block façade period home was originally built circa 1895 and currently offers three bedrooms. Poised for sympathetic renovations and restoration, it sits on a large block measuring approximately 467m2, boasting northerly rear orientation and right-of-way into a generous backyard, which also offers excellent scope for future extension or potential redevelopment site (STCA). Framed by towering ceilings the original layout consists of central hallway, with fretwork arch, flanked by generous lounge adjoining a formal dining room with an ornate fireplace. Housed in older-style additions, are a functional kitchen/meals space, with antique electric stove and retro cabinetry, tidy bathroom and rear sunroom/rumpus room opening to covered outdoor area and sundrenched backyard. The bedrooms are all grandly proportioned; one features an open fireplace with cast iron insert and mirrored timber mantel. Updates implemented over the years include rewiring, restumping and ducted heating, plus it offers attic-space storage with drop-down ladder, laundry/shower and second toilet. Within an easy stroll finds Rothwell Park, playgrounds, Union Road cafés, artisan grocers, bakeries and Ascot Vale primary, as well as Mt Alexander Road eateries, trams, buses and Ascot Vale station.
- Double-fronted three bedroom timber block façade Edwardian
- Large block approximately 467m2 boasts northerly rear aspect
- Towering ceilings/rosettes, original open fireplace and fretwork
- Original living/dining, central kitchen/meals, rear sunroom/rumpus
- Tidy bathroom, ducted heating, attic-storage and coveted ROW
- Minutes to schools, Union Road cafés, Ascot Vale station, trams