Graceful ElegancePerched high atop the hill, this three bedroom, block fronted Victorian, “Loftus”, exudes period charm to delight astute professionals, families, couples, renovators and investors. Privately secluded, the elevated, decked porch with lacework veranda leads to two separate leadlight entries, all the while providing spectacular panoramic northerly views. The first reveals a corbel arched hallway branching to all rooms, the second granting access to a vast lounge/third bedroom. Soaring ceilings with intricate roses, Baltic pine floorboards and ornate open fireplaces throughout ensure a constant reminder of the home’s origins. Double glazed front windows insulate against sound and outside temperatures, ensuring a tranquil environment. The timber kitchen includes a full complement of appliances and breakfast bar for casual meals and shares space with the main living zone. A huge, dado panelled bathroom boasts claw foot bath and oversized shower and there’s also a second toilet and European laundry. Outside, a covered veranda permits undercover entertaining. Other enhancements include ducted heating, split system air conditioning and direct access to Waratah Street at the rear and a car space as well. Superbly placed merely 6km from the CBD, it’s also close to Ormond Park, Mt Alexander Road trams, shops and cafes, CityLink, Puckle Street retail precinct and Ascot Vale station.
- Elevated, block fronted Victorian with decked porch and wraparound lacework veranda
- Soaring ceilings with roses, leadlight windows, Baltic pine floors and ornate open fireplaces
- Three huge bedrooms, one an optional lounge, accessing a vast bathroom with claw foot bath
- Fully appointed timber kitchen within the open living area
- Ducted heating, split system air conditioning, double glazed windows, European laundry
- Close to Ormond Park, Mt Alexander Rd and Puckle Street retail precincts, Ascot Vale station